Usually the night before a birthday I find myself writing one of these lists of things that recap my year. Last year I made it public for the first time, its interesting to see my priorities and problems year to year. This is mostly for me but a bit for you too.
- If you don't like the room, leave the room.
- Stress isn't worth money.
- Happiness and calm is worth paying for.
- I do not like Gin, not even with fruit.
- I'm also not that fond on alcohol.
- I need to invest more time in awesome people.
- Sometimes I need a little more Matthew Broderick and a little less Ben Stein.
- Everything you do can be awesome just go back to the drawing board one more time.
- The right tool can sometimes just be a text file in a folder.
- I need to talk more to people smarter than me.
- The Apple Watch actually makes me go to the gym more.
- I really don't want to move all my photos to another backup service.
- Calling me on the phone unarranged is super annoying, I was busy.
- It was actually awesome to get a hand written letter this year.
- I will never charge my laptop before I have to.
- Even a quick reply to a personal email is better than nothing.
- I take everything personally.
- It's good to have a routine, even on the days you break it.